2015-12-23

Best Dishwasher: SPT Countertop Dishwasher Review

SPT Countertop Dishwasher
SPT Countertop Dishwasher

Recently, I want to buy a dishwasher, so I went to Amazon’ s website, enter “dishwasher” in the search box, and found the first dishwasher is SPT Countertop Dishwasher, which gets 4.3 out of 5 stars from most reviewers, it’s great, so I went to see whether it is fit for me. I read hundreds of reviews on Amazon, knew its advantages and disadvantages, and also some tips provided by other consumers of this unit.
Finally, I am sure that it is just fit for me. So I decided to get one. And I will tell you what I found about this SPT Countertop Dishwasher.

Pros:
1. Perfect for small kitchens and families
It’s perfect for apartments, office kitchens or any small-sized kitchens, and at the same time, it’s best for single, couples, and the family members less than four.

2. Space saving
With a height of only 17.24-inch, this SPT Countertop Dishwasher will fit between most countertop and cabinetry. If your kitchen is tiny, it’s suitable for you very much.

3. Easy controls and easy to set up
The SPT supplies a metal quick-connect fitting which is a adaptor. You can screw off the aerator tip in a standard kitchen or bathroom faucet, and screw on the aerator, it’s quick and convenient. The hose gets on and off the faucet with ease in 2 seconds using the adaptor, so you don’t need a direct plumbing or permanent installation.

4. Very Quiet
The SPT Countertop Dishwasher is very quiet. Sometimes too quiet, maybe you can’t be aware of its running other than when the wastewater is being pumped out into the sink, and the shrill beeping when the cycle is finished.

5. Some racks can be removeable or folded to allow for larger items.
For this advantage, you can remove or fold some racks, then there will be space for the large items such as pots and pans.

6. Economical 
The SPT Countertop Dishwasher is certified by Energy Star, so it’s an efficient design which can save water and energy, that will save you lots of money on water and electricity.

Cons:
1. Not for large family
The SPT Countertop Dishwasher is a small dishwasher which would be difficult to utilize in a large family situation. You maybe need to run 2-3 times per day if there are members more than 4 in a family.

2. It doesn't dry plastic well
Plastics may not dry completely when the cycle is finished, but you can open the door, and slide out the rack, the plastics will be air dried, or you can wipe them with a towel. You should know that, this is a general problem.

3. Too big plates will not fit very well
If the diameter of your plates is over 10", you have to lay them on the rack tilted, which will leave less room for other dishes.

4. Spray arm gets obstructed easily
The spray arm on the bottom is too close to the wire shelf so it becomes obstructed easily. You must very careful when loading your dishes and forks, don’t let them dip below your shelf.

Any complaint?
1. some people complaint that this SPT Countertop Dishwasher does not wash very well, but at the same time, others answered it:

a. If the dirty marks are white, you may be using the wrong type of detergent for your water type. Liquid detergent works for soft water, and the powder works for hard.

b. Something such as forks and spoon dip below the rack, that would prevent the spray arm from spinning freely. If the spray arm gets blocked, the dishes do not get fully cleaned.

And other people says about this:
a. Make sure you use a rinsing agent (either in the door or in a combo pack), otherwise your dishes will be cloudy/spotty (Probably obvious but I was pretty surprised at the difference).

b. If you find that your dishes are not coming out perfectly clean, definitely check the filter. You may also want to consider adjusting your detergent amount. I use Seventh Generation free and clear powdered detergent without incident, but I also have perfectly soft water, so YMMV.

c. I loaded it up with a bowl that I had used for chili the day before and let sit out over night to try to test the thing. I ran it without soap and the bowl came out clean! I think the people complaining that it's not getting stuff clean have super hard water, don't keep the thing clean or simply don't have adequate water pressure or aren't running the correct cycle for what they want washed.

2. Some one complaint this SPT Countertop Dishwasher leaks from inside the cabinet, but they also found the reason at the same time, and they repaired it. Let’s see what they do:

a. Mine leaked at first as well. You have to make sure that the rubber washers inside the hose connectors are properly flush and aligned. I lost the washer on the outlet hose and wasn't aware so I had to replace it. It worked fine then but the inlet hose took a few tires to get it to set right and not leak.

b. This one Leaks from inside the cabinet while draining (not where I hooked the hose up)
As I took off the hose I looked into the place it connects. Further into the machine a rubber washer had been installed literally sideways and then clamped down causing the leak. I removed a few screws and fixed it. It works ok now but still should not have to do this to a new appliance.

c. Make sure you re-tighten the hoses at the back of the dishwasher after your first few uses. Mine started leaking after the first week or so and it was just a loose hose that I hand tightened and it's been good ever since. I think the movement of hooking/unhooking the hose to the faucet works to unscrew the connection until the hose relaxes enough then you're fine.

Dimensions
The dimensions of the SPT Countertop Dishwasher are 17.2 x19.7x21.6 inches(HxDxW), so it will fit between most countertop and cabinetry. And it weighs 48.5 pounds.

Does it include a Warranty?
Yes, the SPT Countertop Dishwasher includes a 1 year warranty.

Consumer Rating

In terms of consumer rating, the SPT Countertop Dishwasher is classified as one of the best sewing machines on the market, In fact, on the list of top sewing machines available on the market, Amazon.com has the SPT Countertop Dishwasher listed at number one.

Here are some comments to date.


  • Really looking good and just what i was looking for
  • What can I say? This is washers absolutely amazing! I love it so much, I'm so happy that I was able to purchases. If you're someone who doesn't have a dishwasher, I would highly recommend you buy this!
  • I love love love love love love this. It was easy peasy lemon squeezie to install, the only thing to check is if your faucet can fit the adaptor. I love my clean dishes and I love not washing them or watching themile up! Hurray!
  • Easy to hook up and it definitely gets the dishes very clean. It's nice to have a dish free sink!
  • I can't believe how quiet this machine is. It does a great job on small loads of dishes; I even fit a few small pots and frying pans inside. Very happy with it!


Price

The list price of the SPT Countertop Dishwasher is listed on Amazon at $215.40, but Amazon currently has the best deal with free shipping. Click here to view on Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment